You have reserved space for numerous other meetings, and suddenly the curve ball is thrown at you, “can you organize a medical training conference? We also need lab space.” Before becoming overwhelmed with trying to find a location that will best fit your client’s needs, as well as other meeting planning duties, make sure you have done your homework on the training site. Here is a list of questions worth asking before securing your location.
- Is the training site close to an airport? Majority of your attendees will be traveling to this conference, and after being on a plane, no one wants to ride more than an hour in the car just to get to their hotel.
- Does the site have suggested hotels and transportation? A training facility that can provide you with a list of their favorite hotels and transportation, means they have been doing this for some time and successfully keep those industries in business. That also means your attendees will be treated like VIP’s.
- Does your training site offer catering? Your training site should have a wide selection of nutritious snacks available for your attendees. The best ones will have a list of different cuisine choices to choose from. A fantastic training facility will take care of all of these needs so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Is there an AV technician on site? Of course you’ll need assistance with your audio visual needs, a strong training facility will have a dedicated team that works there every day of the week, and not just for short hours.
- The endless list of “what if’s” and can your site provide them? What if you forgot your laptop, or need a tablet? Can your training facility provide you with a thumb-drive of your event? They should be able to do all of this and more. A dedicated training facility should have everything you need “just in case.”
While you are investing in the optimal training location and space, consider the above requirements. It’s already chaotic organizing the meeting itself, so additional help in other areas frees up your time to be dedicated to other tasks. Never underestimate the value of having a full support team. It can only add to your next meeting venue!
If you are interested in learning more about the Nicholson Center, or would like to hold your medical training conference at our facility, click on the button below!