Our Chief Medical Officer, Scott Magnuson, MD invites you to participate in our fifth annual OSAS Surgery International Course from February 25-27, 2018 at the Florida Hospital Nicholson Center. Dr. Magnuson will by joined by his esteemed, international, co-course directors, Filippo Montevecchi, MD (Italy), Julia Crawford, MD (Australia), and Claudio Vicini, MD (Italy). This course was created to show-case the up-to-date surgical procedures available to treat those who cannot tolerate non-surgical treatment options.
Course Learning Objectives:
With a strong practical focus, the course will include anatomical, clinical and surgically oriented lectures, anatomical dissection with hands-on supervision and clinical case discussions to consolidate learning objectives.
- Evaluate the upper airway from an obstructive sleep apnea perspective.
- Demonstrate the heterogeneous nature of anatomical obstruction in obstructive sleep apnea.
- Explain how to identify the site of the obstruction and determine if multi-level surgery is required.
- Demonstrate the surgical steps involved in common surgical interventions for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Identify peri-operative morbidity and how to manage this in surgical treatment of OSA.
- Discuss the role of surgery in pediatric OSA.
Florida Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Florida Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of
- Live Didactic 14.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Hands-On Lab 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Each physician should only claim only those hours of credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Florida Hospital is committed to making our activities accessible to all individuals. If you have a disability, please submit a description of your needs, along with your registration, to ensure that you will be able to participate in the activity.
Spaces are filling up quickly, so if you’re interested in attending this event visit our event page or call 407-233-3436 for more information. For tips and tricks for making the most out of this event, check out our blog on networking.